At Advanced Manufacturing Development (AMD), we design and build complete turnkey welding automation packages. These packages are tailored to meet customer specifications, including if they need integrated controls such as digital touch-screen interfaces and camera systems. Equipped with over 20 years of experience providing specialized and turnkey installation to a wide range of industries, our engineering team has the knowledge and skills to give you appropriate weld process recommendations and set up your equipment to optimize reliability, functionality, and productivity.
Our Automated Welding Solutions
At AMD, we offer a wide range of automated welding solutions. For metal materials, we offer the following welding solutions:
- MIG Welding
- TIG Welding
- Spot Welding
- Seam Welding
- Projection Welding
- Robot Welding
For plastic materials, we offer the following welding solutions:
- Hot Plate Welding
- Ultrasonic Welding
- Spin Welding
All of our welding solutions are designed and built to meet the customer’s requirements. By working closely with them, we match our welding solution to their business to ensure the solution we deliver fully meets their needs.
Advantages of Automated Welding Solutions
Automated welding systems offer a number of advantages over manual welding systems, such as:
- Better weld quality. Weld quality depends on two factors: weld integrity and repeatability. Automated welding systems utilize electronic weld process controllers to ensure weld integrity. These components also allow for repeatable input parameters, resulting in consistent output.
- Lower scrap rate. In manual welding operations, the number of reject welds often increases as welders tire. Automated welding systems eliminate the effect of human fatigue and human error on welding operations, which depending on the value of the welded parts, can result in significant cost savings in scrap.
- Smaller labor costs. Automated welding systems reduce the number of human workers needed to complete a welding operation, which can dramatically decrease labor costs for the manufacturer.
Past Automated Welding Solutions From AMD
Throughout our years in business, we’ve provided welding solutions—i.e., solutions that involve the attachment of two or more components using energy in the form of heat—for a variety of customer applications. Examples of past projects include:
- Seam welding equipment for leakproof assemblies
- Projection welding equipment for nuts, screws, and other components
- Press welding equipment for brackets
- Simple pneumatic MIG/TIG welding stations for line welding
- 360-degree MIG/TIG welding stations for continuous or intermittent welding along the perimeter of a round part
- Welding robot cells with interchangeable welding fixtures for flexible welding applications
We can combine several welding processes around an index table. If you have a specific welding need, we can suggest a tailored-made solution based on the production process, volume, variety of parts, and quality requirements.
Contact AMD for Your Automated Welding Solution Today
Welding is a manufacturing process that is often complicated by the unpredictability of human labor and the inherent risk of error, which is why many manufacturers turn to automated welding systems to improve the productivity and profitability of their welding operation. If you’re looking for an automated welding solution that meets the needs of your facility, turn to the experts at AMD. To learn more about our solutions or discuss your requirements with one of our experts, contact us today.