Advanced Manufacturing Development (AMD) provides turnkey services for your global rollouts by standardizing vision inspection systems, so you can guarantee ship dates and comply with all international and domestic guidelines. We create repeatable solutions, which are tested thoroughly before they roll out nationwide or worldwide. We take standard systems and select the right camera, mechanisms, lighting, and other hardware and software for the application.
Our vision inspection systems fit your precise setup, enabling you to adhere to all local standards without having to redesign anything. Standardization creates consistency across inspection programs, system controls, mechanical setup, and electrical components.
As vision system specialists, we focus solely on creating solutions that are custom-designed, programmed, and fully automated for use in every system on your plant floor. AMD works directly with you to create a vision inspection system to address your unique needs, deliver the best achievable pass/fail rates, and reduce liability.
When you partner with AMD to integrate your machine vision systems, you gain access to the following benefits:
- Customized solutions
- High degree of precision (inspection and verification)
- High speed/high production rate applications
- Improved repeatability (GR&R)
- Stringent pass/fail rates
- Quality, purpose-built systems that are long-lasting, low maintenance, and reliable
- Detailed and documented system designs that can be repeated to multiple plant locations and/or lines
4 Things to Look for in a Vision Integrator
When looking for a machine vision integrator, there are four important things to look for:
1. Excellent Client Relationships
Ask for references from other clients and contact them about their experiences on past machine vision projects. A good machine vision integrator will be responsive and collaborative with the client to best meet their needs.
2. Feasibility Lab
A high-quality machine vision integrator will have a feasibility lab to thoroughly develop the scope and specifications of a machine vision job. This lab will have the ability to create a miniature version of the proposed system and will be able to test and retest it to reach the optimal design.
3. Front-End Engineering
The goal of front-end engineering is to completely understand the client’s expectations of their vision inspection technology. This includes any pass/fail rate success criteria and custom specifications.
4. Project Management and Technical Expertise
Ask the references about the integrator’s project management and technical expertise. It’s also important to make sure the integrator can provide examples of past projects and discuss in detail about the challenges and progressive steps of your machine vision system project. Adept project managers and technical experts are necessary for successful outcomes, speed, and cost management.
Machine Vision Integrator Applications
Machine vision integrator applications include:
- Robot guidance. Vision-based solutions work to guide the movements and positioning of robotic systems. This cuts the need for hand tooling and labor. For example, a robot using a vision system can correctly pick parts from a conveyor belt, even if the parts are not in a fixed position. They can also load parts onto worn or deformed pallets without the risk of crashes and spills.
- Defect detection. Vision systems can detect defects, such as cracks, porosity, voids, etc., on the surface of parts to improve quality and reduce scrap.
- Assembly verification. These systems can verify the presence of objects within a given area. This ensures that all pre-programmed objects are in their precise spots within a given location for both manual and machine assembled components.
- Part identification. Part identification ensures that correct parts are present and tracks the item throughout the assembly process. Examples include Datamatrix, 1D Barcode, Optical Character Recognition (OCR), and more. This provides full-scale traceability throughout the manufacturing/assembly process and reduces nonconformities.
Contact Advanced Manufacturing Development (AMD)
Partnering with the right machine vision distributor can provide added value and peace of mind when it comes to meeting your application and business objectives. At AMD, we are committed to applying our technical knowledge and project management skills to design the vision systems based on your specifications and requirements. To learn more, contact us today.